Friday, October 26, 2007

Sometimes, wondering if somethin' is wrong with me. Not obsessed with cellulite or anti-aging beauty creams. Feeling like there must be a bigger purpose in this world than standing around like a bunch of clowns with makeup caked on our beautiful faces.

Want to put something better out into the world, but I'm just one girl and I'm constantly bombarded with unreal pictures of what beauty is perceived to be. Feel like a target for those foraging for women with low self-esteem. Just more beautiful souls to feed on. Unreal to me, to see with my eyes, this facade taking over. Dismayed at the way it rises up like a wave of untruth, crashing over millions of girls who don't have the power to stay afloat. Wish I could cover them in a coat of acceptance, let them know that they're beautiful and that social standards will never love them the way that they are and it's about time to reconstruct their old scars that were left by the world, telling them they're no good. It's about time someone put something good out into this world.

No comments: